- X's & O's Vault
- All Back Issues
Issues By Year
- Gridiron Store
- Contact Us
Vol III - 20173. Letter From the Managing Editor
4. RPO Packaged Plays - Kristian Johnson, Assistant Coach, Tyler Junior College
8. The Nuts and Bolts of Power Football - Joe Hensel, Offensive Line Coach, Carthage College
17. Tampa Coverage - Zack Wilkerson, Defensive Coordinator, Hardin-Simmons University
22. The Art of the Pass Rush - Payam Saadat, Defensive Line Coach, Cal Poly
25. Returning to Play Following Injury: Basic Assessments to Determine Functional Status - Bryan Dorrel, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University
28. From the GS Archives: The Quad Option - Rick Martin, Offensive Line Coach, Marlboro County High School (SC)
- from the August-September issue of GS - Vol. 9, Number 2 - 2009
X's & O's FROM THE VAULT
DIAGRAM 1: On this play, the fullback starts in his normal position behind the quarterback. On the QB’s command, the FB quickly shifts to a wing position off the tight end. The wing back eyeballs the FB’s shift and when he sees the FB set for a count, he sprints across the formation. The halfback aligns at 4 1/2 yards, splitting the outside leg of the play-side offensive tackle.
MORE X's & O's
Back Issues |
PO Box 14041
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Copyright 2019, Gridiron Strategies
a division of
AFM Media, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.