- X's & O's Vault
- All Back Issues
Issues By Year
- Gridiron Store
- Contact Us
Vol III - 20173. Letter From the Managing Editor
4. RPO Packaged Plays - Kristian Johnson, Assistant Coach, Tyler Junior College
8. The Nuts and Bolts of Power Football - Joe Hensel, Offensive Line Coach, Carthage College
17. Tampa Coverage - Zack Wilkerson, Defensive Coordinator, Hardin-Simmons University
22. The Art of the Pass Rush - Payam Saadat, Defensive Line Coach, Cal Poly
25. Returning to Play Following Injury: Basic Assessments to Determine Functional Status - Bryan Dorrel, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University
28. From the GS Archives: The Quad Option - Rick Martin, Offensive Line Coach, Marlboro County High School (SC)
- from the August-September issue of GS - Vol. 9, Number 2 - 2009
X's & O's FROM THE VAULT
DIAGRAM 1: Spread Right, 26 Slam Zone (A). The QB hands the ball off deep to the TB, who aims toward the outside hip of the offensive tackle and reads the block. Normal zone blocking rules apply, except that the inside slot back will crack back on the LB and the OG looks to lead up the hole after being bumped by the center. The TB should be abe to get to either the perimeter or cut up an alley.
MORE X's & O's
Back Issues |
PO Box 14041
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Copyright 2019, Gridiron Strategies
a division of
AFM Media, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.