72 Ideas For Developing A Successful Program
© June, 2001
by Vic Boblett Head Coach, Rock Island High School, Rock Island, Ill.
BUILDING A WINNING football team is one thing. But maintaining success and creating a rock-solid football tradition year-in and year-out is a very difficult proposition.
Here are some ideas that will help you to choose the correct job, structure a sound football player feeder program and achieve consistent success:
A Preliminaries: Things To Consider Before Taking The Job
1. Be very careful how you choose your coaching job. Many good coaches have been driven out of the profession because they didnít do their homework before taking a new position.
2. Assess the schoolís overall athletic ability.
3. Are they competing at a high level in other activities?
4. What has been the schoolís athletic tradition throughout history?
5. Make sure that the schoolís administration is serious about developing and m ...The full article can only be seen by subscribers.
Current Subscriber first time here? Click Here to set up your password.|
NOT A SUBSCRIBER?|
Subscribe now and get Gridiron Strategies Digital magazine PLUS get INSTANT unlimited access to over
10 years of back issues including over 1000 articles and 3000 diagrams ONLY available at www.GridironStrategies.com